Monday, July 22, 2013

Israeli Invention Will Cool Cyclists Off On A Hot Day

 BY AYA EPHRATI, for NOCAMELS

Cycling can be a strenuous activity – especially during long rides in the summer heat. Two Israeli inventors now think they have the solution to the severe discomfort of overheated riding: Q-FOG. They describe their invention as the “world’s first spray device for cyclists, which attaches to the bicycle handlebar.”



As they explain on their Indiegogo page: “Cooling apparatuses for cyclers available on the market today are not the most comfortable and efficient. They have to be carried or worn on our bodies and this can create discomfort while riding. Q-FOG is a new and innovative, field proven cooling water sprayer that addresses the cyclist’s need for a minimalistic, comfortable and easy to use device.”

“The idea of ​​Q-FOG was born on a particularly hot day,” Inventor Arik Bar Erez tells NoCamels. ”I rode my bike, sweating, and suddenly I passed a house where the sprinklers were on. I knew immediately what needed to happen. I had to build a small device for bicycles that will provide the same pleasant and refreshing experience.”

“Until Q-FOG, the problem was that my inventions always remained in a drawer. I realized that the Q-FOG is too good of an idea to be left in the drawer, and began developing the product along with my partner today, Kobe Rain,” he continued.

Continue reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment